One person was sent to hospital after a hazardous chemical spill that forced the evacuation of the Coast Plaza Hotel.
Crews were called to the northeast hotel at about 2 o’clock Tuesday afternoon.
They found an elderly maintenance worker who had been overcome by chlorine fumes in the basement of the hotel.
EMS transported him to Foothills in serious, but stable condition suffering from respiratory distress.
Two other were assessed on scene, and released.
Over 60 people were forced to leave the hotel until the spill was neutralized.
Photo from Global News