Calgary Police uncovered more than they bargained on in a month long drug trafficking operation.
They’ve laid 90 charges against eight people after uncovering numerous crimes, include the theft of ATMs.
The suspects in the drug investigation were found in vehicles that were believed to be fraudulently purchased and then given new VIN numbers.
As the investigation continued police found more stolen vehicles and evidence linking the suspets to the theft of ATMs.
Police caught some in the act on Sunday, breaking a stand alone ATM vestibule in Huntington Hills.
In total police recovered 12 stolen vehicles, and 10 stolen licence plates. They also seized two rifles, a shotgun, and small amounts of drugs.
The accused are all from Calgary:
- 33 year old David Dwight HEARN of Calgary
- 28 year old Kiel Anthony MITSCHKE
- 19 year old Omar El GAD
- 36 year old Jean Paul BOUTIN,
- 21 year old Dakota Sharri WHEELER
- 35 year old Ronald Leon ABRAHAM
- 33 year old John Abraham YOUNG
- 36 year old John Gordon GALLAGHER
The investigation is ongoing and more charges are pending.