_News Talk 770
A gas leak caused a scare for 9 Northeast residents this morning. Just before noon Calgary Fire Department members were called to Tararidge Close NE for reports of a broken natural gas line. Crews discovered the broken 13mm line had been damaged while a resident was digging post holes. Calgary Police secured the area while Atco gas and the HazMat team stopped the release of gas. All residents have now returned home and all roads have been re-opened.
The Calgary Fire Department would like to remind Calgarians to contact Alberta One Call at 1-800-242-3447 prior to digging to locate underground utilities.