An Edmonton man is facing several human trafficking-related charges, where it’s believed some victims might be from Calgary.
Police in the provincial capital say their ten-week investigation has wrapped up with the arrest of Lexis Andrew Goyda.
Officers looked into his alleged involvement in the sexual services industry, including the sexual exploitation of a girl under the age of 18.
The 24-year-old Goyda faces numerous charges:
– Procuring (x2)
– Material benefit from sexual service (x2)
– Advertise sexual services (x3)
– Procuring under 18 years of age
– Trafficking of a person under 18 years of age
– Material benefit from sexual services of a child
– Sexual exploitation
– Cause a child to be in need of protective services (CFE)
– Possession of a controlled substance (CDSA)
They are taking his photo to the public, as they believe other victims might be out there, possibly in Calgary and Edmonton.