Police and RCMP have issued a warning after pins, sewing needles and a razor were found in candy and chocolate bars handed out on Halloween.
Calgary police said a mother reported sewing pins were found inside small-sized chocolate bars in candy picked up in the city’s northwest.
In Cochrane, needles were found by a parent as they checked the candy their children had received while trick-or-treating.
“They found a sewing needle in a large O’Henry bar and another sewing needle in a large Kit-Kat bar,” RCMP said in a Wednesday news release.
It’s believed the kids had been trick-or-treating on the west side of Glen Eagles.
In Okotoks, a parent reported finding a razor blade after the child ‘dumped his candy into a bowl’. RCMP believe it was loose in his trick-or-treat bag, collected in the Cimarron area. No one was injured.
Meantime, Blackfalds RCMP warned of a report of a child getting sick in the central Alberta community of Clive after eating a Loonie-sized orange candy.
Anyone with information in the Cochrane case is asked to call the Cochrane RCMP at 403-851-8000. Anyone with information on the Okotoks case can call Okotoks RCMP at 403-995-4202. To remain anonymous, contact Crime Stoppers.
With files from Erika Tucker and Joe McFarland.