A young Calgary man wants to be a stark example for students to show them what drugs can do.
20-year-old Trez Anderson thought he was invincible, and says he wasn’t scared of anything.
That was until he ingested what he thought was crystal meth, but it turned out to be fentanyl.
He took the drug in his bedroom, and went unnoticed for two days.
Anderson laid in a coma for two weeks, also suffering two massive strokes during that time.
“I never saw someone like this before so I’d never know,” Anderson said through a ventilator. “When I was first in the hospital, I was just paralyzed from the waist down. Then 12 days later, I was paralyzed from the neck down.”
Anderson has teamed up with two mothers who are already touring Calgary-area schools to talk about the dangers of drugs.