Short-term pain for long-term gain for motorists as the city ramps up a number of paving projects.
The city is unveiling which roads will go under the knife in this year’s construction season.
Where normally it does up to eight major projects, an ambitious target of 13 has been set for this year.
Part of the reason why is bringing forward projects from future years to stimulate the economy and lower bids have come in from contractors to allow more work to be done.
Among the major projects being done:
- 14th Street N.W. between Memorial Drive and 21st Avenue N.W.
- Northmount Drive N.W. between Cambrian Drive and 4th Street N.W.
- Macleod Trail S.E. from 34th Avenue to 58th Avenue S.E.
- 36th Street N.E. from Memorial Drive to McKnight Boulevard N.E.
- Edmonton Trail from Memorial Drive to 32nd Avenue N.E.
- Bonaventure Drive S.E. from Canyon Meadows Drive to Anderson Road S.E.